Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Mystery

I started the day off laughing my head off because of one of my coworkers.  I saw her in the lobby shooing kids up the elevator to school and I stopped to chat with her.  Let me first say that she is a beautiful woman; youthful, in shape, open, and just generally a very positive person to be around which is why this conversation was so weird and funny. Here is our exchange:

Me:  Good morning!  How are you today?
Her:  Hi!  Better than I was yesterday.
Me:  Oh?  Why is that?
Her:  When you're 51 you never know what your day will be like.
Me:  (laughing)
Her:  I'm not kidding.  It's worse than you think.
Me:  Well, I guess that is something I have to look forward to.
Her:  It's worse than pregnancy.
Me:  (no longer laughing)  .... oh.  I hated pregnancy.
Her:  Yeah, it's worse than that.  Someone should tell you the truth.  It's worse than you think.
Me:  Shit.

I still don't know exactly what we were talking about, but I'm really not looking forward to it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love your comments.