Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Science Whiz

Kira entered a project in the science fair and won a first place ribbon for her project on why skates glide in the physics category!  No, YOU shut up!


Here she is getting her award and a big handshake from her teacher.  They announced the third place first, then second place, and then first.  She was disappointed but hopeful when she didn't get third.  She started to panic and was about to lose it a little when she didn't get second, and was totally surprised when she got first.  Now she gets to go to the regional science fair at UMD in a few weeks!  Wish her luck!


Blue Ribbon, Baby!

13 comments:

  1. FANTASTICO!!! Awesome job, Kira!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually know the answer to this, so I'm curious as to her explanation. Congrats on the definition of WINNING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I have always said, intelligence skips a generation--congratulations granddaughter!!!! GC

    ReplyDelete
  4. YESSSSSSSS. I have a special place in my heart for science nerds. I made it to the state level for one of my projects too, and to this day I still brag about it. (Brag.)

    CONGRATS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for her! I hope she wins at state, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Kira! We are so proud of you! Good luck at the regional science fair!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fan-TAS-tic!!! You go, Science Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just came across your blog from Kady's blog (who makes me laugh like no other, and you're running a very close second). I've got a pretty nerdy kid, he's the type of kid who once figured out how many inches tall he was (converting it from feet to inches) in about 5 seconds and I was still like Woahhh, I'm gonna need a calculator for this one, so I know about that skipping a generation thing.

    ReplyDelete

I would love your comments.