Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Quarantine: Day 25

We have been on lockdown for 25 days now. That seems so surreal to write and sounds way worse than it has actually been, in some ways. We are very comfortable and the three of us get along quite well so it has been not unpleasant. I have friends with small children who are really having a hard time. I can't imagine. Actually, my kids were both pretty easy and I had no qualms about benign neglect so I don't think it would have been terrible with my kids.

I have been positive at times that I am in the midst of my own personal fight against Covid 19, but I don't really think so. I think I have spring allergies (and always have) but now I am hyper conscious of every single cough and ache. I guess fever is the real test and I have not had a fever. Except when I get hot flashes. Then I have a fever of about 600 for about two minutes. But it goes away pretty fast.

Some days I've been so despondent and/or furious about this whole thing. I know pandemics happen and we are vulnerable to novel viruses once in a while, but when I watch the daily press briefings from the White House or hear about them on the late night comedy shows I get so MAD. How is this happening to us? Why does my government suggest that in the face of a potentially deadly virus I should fucking CRAFT my own personal protective equipment? How is that acceptable? Yesterday the Wisconsin primary election was held because the criminals in the Republican party got the state Supreme Court and the federal Supreme Court to say they had to have in person voting. The courts met online to make the decision that the people of Wisconsin had to vote in person during a lockdown caused by a pandemic. I hope that someday in the not-to-distant future those criminals are made to answer for this and I hope they have to pay with prison time.

We have been watching movies (Frozen II, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Zootopia, etc.) and watching some good shows (West World, Ozark, Schitt's Creek, Outlander) to keep us busy. I have also been working on jigsaw puzzles, and I'm so obsessed with the one I'm currently working on that I missed a meeting yesterday because I lost track of the time; and at night when I close my eyes to go to sleep I see puzzle pieces. I don't hate it. I have also been trying to work from home but it is very difficult to focus and keep organized. It will take some getting used to. Mitch has been extremely busy with work and thank goodness for that. I was worried that people wouldn't call for his services because so many people are out of work, but that does not seem to be the case.

That's about it for day 25. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love your comments.