Thursday, July 12, 2012

Anti-Pervs

The other day out on the lake Sam and I saw a boat full of teenage girls in bikinis driving by.  Sam's head followed them as long as we could see them and I thought to myself, oh, my baby is growing up into a man, but then he said, "Did you see that motor?  I think it was a Johnson 215 horse!  Nice!"  I said, "Ha ha, Sam, good one!" and he said, "What?" and I said, "Seriously?" and he said, "What???"

Which I suppose is totally normal considering that when Mitch was a kid and was obsessed (like all kids were) with The Dukes of Hazzard, he couldn't understand why, after Daisy smashed her fast car and got a lame Jeep, she was still on the show.  What a waste of screen time that would be better spent with the General Lee jumping over yet another bridgeless ravine! (Hazzard County was a dump sadly in need of better infrastructure.)


And the other day we discovered that both of our parents had this album:


And we both vividly remember the cover.  I remember it because I thought, OMG, I think that lady is NAKED under there!  That's kind of risque!  And Mitch remembers because he wondered if she got to eat all the whip cream after the photo shoot.  

5 comments:

  1. mitch, you are my favorite, and i still like you

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents had that album too. I used to stare at it for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CRAZY! This is the 3rd reference to this album THIS week. I used to play my this album over and over, pretending to be a lion tamer... I was three years old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm...whipped cream. What a waste.

    ReplyDelete

I would love your comments.