Thursday, October 18, 2012

As Promised...

I got my school pictures back.  Remember when  I told you that I forgot it was picture day and then I found out that not only do all the kids have their pictures taken, but the teachers do too?  I am notoriously unphotogenic and this was emphasized by the laughing and re-taking of my picture three times by the photographer who saw the pictures on a monitor.  She eventually put me in the most unnatural position ever, had me crane my upper body one way, tilt my head down, and then look up off to the side.  It felt so weird.  It was so weird.


It doesn't look like a totally unnatural position when you look at it here, but my legs were pointing out behind me. I especially like the way my chin bunched up because she had me look down, and the way my eyes are pointing different directions because I was confused about which direction I was supposed to be looking.  I have chameleon eyes, did you know?  Mitch insists that I give him one of the wallet-sized ones and write something meaningful on the back.  "Hey Mitch!  You're AWESOME!  We should totally get together and party this summer!  BFFs 4EVA!  Love, Your wife!

10 comments:

  1. That is an excellent message you should leave for Mitch. "I think UR cute. Call Me."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen much, much worse pictures of you. Much worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You're right, of course. This is a good bad picture.

      Delete
  3. Out of allllll the pictures I have seen of you, this looks great!!!

    My fav will always be the boat picture. I don't even know you, but that picture makes me laugh out loud!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are way too hard on yourself. It's a really good photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The reason I didn't call this a good picture of you is because you're SO DAMNED CUTE in real life. (But this one really is pretty good.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, is that THE sweater?? I love that it's in yer school pic. And the contortion-istic poses they put you in to get a pic of your face... so true. I watched as the photog took my daughter's school pics. Its like they get the Twister mat out... "Ok, left hand green. Right leg blue. Now look up here with your chin down. No honey, just put your chin down, not your whole head." Corine: Wha?? "There! Perfect! Don't move and say cheese!" Click "Hmmmm, nope you blinked. Let's try again."

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks just like the Salma Hayek picture below.

    ReplyDelete

I would love your comments.