Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

Some of my favorite people in the world are American veterans from past, present, (and future).  Both of my grandfather's served in WWII.


That's my grandpa on the right.  He served in the infantry in Italy and Algeria.  He was a company clerk.

My other grandpa was a cook for his company.  He loved to cook.  He always made us big pancake breakfasts.


That's both my grandpas on the left and both my grandma's on the right.  I know you always wondered how I got so good looking.  Now you know.

My dad was in the navy during the Vietnam war, but thankfully he never had to go overseas.  He was a welder and said that he made a number of bbq grills out of airplane parts for the officers.


I couldn't find a picture of my dad from the navy, but I did find this one from when he was an acolyte in the Episcopal church.  He looked almost the same when he was in the navy.


There. But instead of the cross I wanted to put a gun or a welder thingy but they didn't have those stickers on Photobucket.

My sister Beth was in the navy too but I also don't have a picture of her in her uniform.  She looked pretty cute in it.  Instead I'll post this cute picture of her:



My sister Amy is currently serving in Afghanistan.  She comes home next month.


And of course, my favorite non-relative veteran is George Washington.


He is the original American veteran.

Thank you for your service, Veterans!


1 comment:

  1. I think all military personnel should be issued a hat with bear ears. That's why I don't run the government.

    Happy Memorial Day and thank you to all the service people in your family. That is a huge sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete

I would love your comments.