Sunday, November 4, 2012

First World Problems UPDATED!

Some unpleasant things are going on around here.  Firstly, I'm not what I would call sick, but I feel like something crawled into my digestive system somewhere and died.  Maybe a squirrel. It feels like there is a huge ball of raw over-kneaded pizza dough in my stomach and it won't go away, it just rolls around all day.  You can imagine the effects of having a undigested tudball of dough/dead squirrel stuck somewhere in your intestines. It's not good.  Also, the corners of my mouth are chapped and irritated so I look like I just took off clown make-up all the time.  I'm disgusting right now.

The other unpleasant thing is that apparently my upstairs bathroom is the central destination for all the flies in the world.  There were hundreds of flies buzzing around the window yesterday, and many more hundreds of teeny fruit flies that hang out on the mirror.  I took the vacuum in there and took care of business, and then cleaned the place until it smelled like a hospital thinking that would take care of the problem, but the flies are back today.  Why is this happening?  There are no carcasses in there for flies to breed on, and there is no rotting fruit for the fruit flies so I really don't understand the attraction to this particular destination.  There is only one possible explanation:
My upstairs bathroom is possessed by the devil.


Remember in Amityville Horror when the priest was killed by the millions of flies in the upstairs?  I have the same thing except they haven't killed anyone, yet.  One of these days I'm going to be sitting on the pot, trying to dislodge the squirrel, and I'm going to hear "GET OUT" in a devil voice, I just know it.  At least if that happens the squirrel will probably come shooting out, no problem.

But then that makes me think that maybe the two problems are related.  I mean, it seems like a ridiculous coincidence that I could have dry-rot in my innards and a demon-possessed bathroom at the same time. That's just stupid.  Maybe the flies are coming from inside my body and I am the one possessed by the devil.  Holy crap.  It's not a dead squirrel inside of me, it's Lucifer.  If that is in fact what is going on, I have to say that the little girl in the Exorcist was kind of a drama queen.  It's not all that bad.  In fact, if it wasn't for the flies, I wouldn't even bother bringing it up.

UPDATE:  Anonymous wrote me a helpful comment about how to solve my problems.  She told me to take a probiotic for the dead squirrel, and to set up a fruit fly trap.  I got a jar and filled it with some fruit (didn't have apple vinegar) and put in a paper funnel.  I am catching fruit flies.  Then I thought, "Huh, anonymous really knows her stuff!" so I looked up probiotic on Wikipedia because I didn't know what it was.  Is it a pill?  Yogurt?  And I found this:

Probiotics are also delivered in fecal transplants, in which stool from a healthy donor is delivered like a suppository to an infected patient.[2]

Oh. My. God.
I would rather be possessed by a dead-devil-squirrel-demon than have a fecal transplant.



5 comments:

  1. Take a probiotic for the squirrel and put a jar of apple vinegar with a paper funnel and the fruit flies will fall in it also close the drain to your sink...probably coming up from there. The flies your screwed...it's the weather we are having I have the same problem so when you know how to get rid of them post it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure you don't have to do the fecal transplant...just a pill from Target/Walmart will do!!! Or eat lots of yogurt...it will make a difference I promise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah last Thanksgiving I got a blood clot in my colon!! GOOD TIMES!! After 6 days in the hospital and tons and tons of different medications this whole year just so I could poop a "dray" of squirrels. (whippin some smarts on ya with that word dray)

    YOGURT my friend! Good ole yogurt has changed my life!! And, a few yoga classes a week and I'm on the poop highway! Dr. OZ approved coil s shape!! Yogurt every morning! It's a life style!

    As far as the fruit flies, my Orkin man once told me a little Dawn dish soap when I water my plants works perfect!!! Just a little bit.

    A friend once told me " a fart is nothing but a turd honking for the right away "
    For some reason I felt I had to share that............

    ReplyDelete

I would love your comments.