Sunday, October 23, 2011

Embracing My Gift

Amy and Beth and I went to Mount Vernon yesterday to bask in all that is George Washington.  Since this is a sister's vacation, it is important to capture the many moments on film (well, not really film, but you know, pictures).  Unfortunately for me; not, apparently, for my sisters; I am the most unphotogenic person on the entire planet.  I think I've taken about three good pictures in my entire life.  I don't know what happens to me.  I don't know if it is because I feel self-concious because I know a camera is pointed at me which causes me to make weird faces, or if I actually am hideously ugly on a split-second by split second basis, but seriously, those of you who have only seen pictures of me on this blog, I am sooooooo much cuter in real life than I am in any picture you will ever see. 

I've decided to embrace this unusual gift and see just how bad I can look in pictures.  My sisters wanted to take a bunch of cutesy pictures of the three of us, but I know I can't do it.  When I try, they look at the picture just taken and say things like, "... What were you doing...with your face?"  Well, I'm done trying to look adorable.  It's not going to happen.  So now I'm going to see just how bad I can look.  I am shockingly good at this. 


This is the first picture that this occured to me.  Amy wanted to take a picture of me in front of a model of George Washington's house.  In a split second this is what went through my mind:  "Oh great, I'm going to look like a moron.  No, I'm going to look like a huge moron because I'm in front of this tiny house.   Like Godzilla.  No, furrier, like King Kong.  Screw it."  And that is when I decided that if I'm going to look like King Kong anyway, I might as well not look like King Kong trying to be cute because that's pathetic, I might as well just look like King Kong doing what he does best.  I think the picture is pretty good.

Then Amy and Beth decided they want to get a cute picture of the three of us together.  It's not going to happen.  It wouldn't happen anyway, even if I tried so now I'm just seeing how bad I can make myself look.  Turns out it's pretty bad.


In my defense, they don't look that great in this picture either. 


This one might have been okay if I could take a good picture.  But I can't.  But boy can I take a bad picture!

More to come!  Much much much more!

6 comments:

  1. I make stupid faces when I smile, talk, move, think... I am only good in still life when I control the camera. Otherwise my faces look exactly like yours! Okay... well like my face with those expressions!

    That sister trip looks like a great idea! You're blessed to have family that enjoys goofing around with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a riot you and your sisters are. Such fun. So you could say you are a blast, maybe you don't think you are photogenic but you are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana McKibbage WaldbilligOctober 27, 2011 at 12:22 PM

    OMG Did you get your 'George' on???

    ReplyDelete

I would love your comments.