Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mrs. Green Jowls

Day four of wisdom tooth surgery recovery was the day I finally had to get off the couch, get dressed and do something productive.

 Day 4 bruise beard

My parent's took the kids for the weekend so I had to meet my Mom halfway between our towns and pick Kira up because she has school this week.  Yesterday morning, as I was lying in bed sleeping, the phone rang and on the answering machine was the secretary from Kira's school asking where Kira was.  What?  Kira told me she had a four day week.  I knew that this was a four day week.  She told me Monday was the day they had off.  She was wrong.  Thursday is the last day of school.  Sneaky little turd. 

Today is day 5 and I'm feeling pretty good.  I went to the doctor this morning and he said I'm healing as if I'm on day 7 instead of day 5.  EAT THAT, FELLOW PATIENTS!  He was a bit surprised at my swelling.  I'm not even swollen anymore.  Here's me today:


If he saw me a few days ago I wonder what he would have said.  Probably, "Holy shit!"  Today my bruises are turning green. 

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! I feel for you. I don't remember bruising but it was a long time ago. Hope you're all better soon.

    ReplyDelete

I would love your comments.