Monday, December 14, 2009

Merry Blogmas

It's been one year since I started this blog. I remember it because my very first post was about Kira's holiday concert at school, and tomorrow is this year's holiday concert at school. She tells me that this year she is going to be standing in the back, in the corner, sort of behind the curtain. Fantastic. I can't wait. I bought her a dress a month ago and I have to go exchange it tonite because in the last 30 days she has managed to grow enough to not fit into the dress any more.

That is so obnoxious.

Sam is doing the same thing except he's just getting taller. He's a stick figure and keeps growing too tall for his pants. There were a few pair that I had hemmed and then he took it upon himself to unhem them when they started getting short and now they have big white seams. He's so cool.

I told Julie, my MIL, that he was growing like a weed and she offered to crochet a few inches of colorful yarn onto the bottoms of all of his pants like she used to do for her kids in the seventies. (She can ram a crochet hook into anything.) Either that or she could sew some bandana bells on the ends.

Anyway, the blog is a year old so I looked through a few of my posts and I'd have to say that I like the ones about the kids the most because they are my kids, obviously. This one is my fave. Or maybe this one because it was so much fun to write.

Thanks so much for reading my blog. I really like writing it, and it's nice that there are some people out there that like to read it too.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE your blog! Makes me feel like I am a part of your life...even though we hardly ever see each other! :) Thank you for making me laugh EVERY TIME I read it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fav is the one where you and Amy were taking pics of each other ........... I think it was last January. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just looking back on your first blogs. I love the one of the Johnson family x-mas, with the picture of Mitch with the gun to his head...too funny! I'm glad you started blogging last year! I look for new posts from you everyday.

    ReplyDelete

I would love your comments.