Today is my last Bloggin' Wednesday unless someone sends me some more answers. Send them here. It's never too late to send them in to me though. Email me! Today's Bloggin' answers come from Anne at Life Is Good. Thanks Anne!
1. Does your blog fit into a "niche" and how do you chose what to write about? Have you ever pulled a post after you published it because you regretted it?
I'd say my blog would fit into the humor genre. I try to write about personal experiences, family life, what makes me happy or not so happy. For me, most of the time it's easier for me to write it rather than say it out loud. I think I have retracted a post once or twice, just because I maybe went a little too far. (Usually re: my MIL). I have removed my link to my blog off of my facebook profile page because I sorta want to "control" who reads my posts.
2. Do you read a lot of other blogs? How many? Have you had contact with the bloggers, or are you a lurker?
I follow about 20 blogs. Not all of them everyday, and some I never miss. I prefer humor blogs because as a SAHM, I need all the laughter I can get my hands on. I have contacted probably half of them and have always had great responses. I suppose sometimes I am a lurker, but only to blogs that I accidentally stumble upon.
3. Do you comment on a lot of other blogs?
Yes, I just can't help myself!
4. How important is it for you to get comments on a scale of 1-10?
I'd give it a 5. I love getting comments, but that's not really why I blog. It's just something that I do for myself, if others want to chime in, fine.
5. Do you respond to your commentors?
I try to! But sometimes there isn't enough time in the day for a response, and I sorta feel like there's a statute of limitations there.... after a few weeks, it's past time to respond.
6. How many followers do you have? How did you get them?
There are 8 followers on my blog listed, but there are a few others that don't follow publicly. (Is that a word?) I emailed my link to friends and family.
7. How do you promote your blog?
Um, I don't. (refer to answer to question #4)
8. Do you write for any other site?
9. What is your favorite and least favorite thing about blogging?
Favorite thing: venting.
Least favorite thing: typing!!
10. What advice would you give to potential bloggers? What do you HATE to see on a blog? What do you like?
My advice would be to write what you want, when you want. I hate when things seem forced. I like when bloggers are very real and give great detail about their personal lives, because sometimes I feel like I'm the only person going thru all this life crap...it's nice to know I'm not alone.