1. Every medicine cabinet should be stocked with plenty of laudanum, quinine, and willow-bark tea.
2. Frontier people were hot-heads.
3. Dr. Quinn's mother is actually the person she thinks is her sister who is 15 years older than her. (This has not been substantiated by the show, it's just my own personal theory.)
4. Don't ever let a barber pull out your tooth.
5. Haho means "thank you" in Cheyenne. And also "hello" and also "goodbye." Kind of like Aloha!
6. Being a whore in a frontier saloon in the 1870s wasn't that great a job after all.
7. Hawks listen to what you say, and if you say something profound, they caw. Every time.
8. If you want to dress up as Dr. Quinn and her children for Halloween, your 12 year old son will ruin it by refusing to have anything to do with your plan.
9. When you eat a bowl of candy corn, what's left after you eat the big parts is just a mess of white tips, and they look like baby teeth, and it's really fun to pretend you are eating baby teeth. (I actually learned this from eating candy corn WHILE watching Dr. Quinn, not from Dr. Quinn herself.)
10. General Custer was very vain, and a real bastard.
11. Dr. Quinn is a naturally talented trapeze artist. Who knew?
12. Wolves make great pets until they get rabies, which they will.
13. Mine cave-ins = no joke
14. You know how you thought that 1870s frontier doctors couldn't perform plastic surgery? Well, you were wrong.