Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's Boiling


And I am loving it (compared to winter)! The heat and humidity tend to make a person cranky though, no matter how much they love it. The kids are listless and irritable, and using any excuse to fight like a couple of cats over unbelievably stupid stuff, and I am easily annoyed by the constant bickering, but also by anyone who wants to talk to me, or be around me, or engage me in any way. I love having the windows open and smelling the woods and flowers, just let me sit still and be quiet and enjoy it. Is that too much to ask?

So tomorrow, in an effort to stem this annoyance, we are going to Rainy Lake where when the kids get irritable from the heat and annoy me, I can just throw them in the water and make them snap out of it. I should cherish this time of physical dominance because they are getting too big to push around. I think if they cooperated, they could overpower me, Sam having the first surges of testosterone and Kira having bloodlust. But they don't know that yet, and they don't cooperate, so I will continue to be able to overpower them for at least another summer. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love your comments.