Monday, September 7, 2009

I learned something very interesting over Labor Day Weekend...

I learned that there is quite an extensive network of swingers (I mean exchanging spouses for ... you know....) in my hometown. My sister and I were talking about people we've (mostly she's) heard are swingers and there are more than you could imagine! (Ew)

Then I got to thinking, I've been married for eleven years and not one of the many many couples I apparently know who are swingers has even hinted at swinging with Mitch and me. Not that I'd say yes, I would say, "I'm so flattered that you asked! But we're (am I being presumptuous by saying *we*, Mitch?) not into that, but thanks anyway! I appreciate the offer!"

Eleven years. Is it me? Is it Mitch? Do we smell? Have people noticed that I hardly ever shave my legs? Is it because Mitch and I are slowly turning into children's characters?


4 comments:

  1. You're just WAY out of their league and they know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez. All I can think about after reading this (besides getting a chuckle out of the "children's characters" comment) is that, given the small size of your home town, there must be *many* awkward day-after scenes at the grocery store with all that swinging...not to mention the danger of inadvertent blood-relative pairing. As a transplant to the town, it always struck me how many people were related.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jared, I was thinking the exact same thing too! The grocery store: "Oh, hi... um...got to go get some Fruit Loops!... heh heh... well,... How's (insert spouse's name)? ... okay then... See next weekend?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would probably have to agree with Anne, You are a sext couple and that can be intimidating to some. Mitch did build himself quite a reputation back in the day!!!haha As far as not shaving your legs, most people that are married must be into that because it seems to be more common than not.

    ReplyDelete

I would love your comments.