I had lunch with a friend the other day (Hi Dana!) and we got to talking about cool inventions we couldn't live without and how we feel so dumb and lazy for not inventing anything. (yet) I thought about it (for about five minutes) and these are my top five favorite inventions (other than, you know, polio vaccines and really important stuff like that.)
1. Caller ID - I had this back when you had to buy a special box and have the phone company hook it up. It has saved me from hundreds of phone ambushes. Hundreds!
2. Technologically advanced thin prescription eyeglass lenses. If it wasn't for this I would look like an even bigger nerd than I already do. My glasses would be so thick that it would look like I was wearing goggles that were full of water. Like this kid:
3. Diet Coke. Sweet calorie-free nectar of the gods.
4. Deodorant maxi pads. Because they keep a person from smelling like the bastard child of a butcher at the end of a double shift, and a hunk of liverwurst left out in the sun. (Hey Always, you can use that for your commercials if you want.)
5. The Google and my laptop. Because they have made me seem (and feel) so much smarter than I actually am.
There's a lot more, of course, but I limited it to five because now, internet friends, I want to know what YOUR five favorite inventions are and why. Write them in the comments! I can't wait to read them!