Saturday, July 3, 2010

Is there a statute of limitations on incredulousness?

Because Mitch said there is.  When he ever-so-casually said he might take "the boat" out to the lake today, I thought about it for a few seconds.  It couldn't be his orange boat because he gave it to his brother-in-law, it couldn't be "my" boat that he surprised me with once because it's not seaworthy, it couldn't be the houseboat because that's in the garden covered with a tarp, it couldn't be the aluminum boat because that's up at Rainy Lake.

So which boat could it possibly be???  We don't have any other boats! He said he was done buying boats.

Turns out he secretly bought another boat last year and hid it in the woods until the statute of limitations on spousal incredulousness had expired.  Now it's out in the open and according to him, it's too late for me to get upset about it. 

I don't happen to think there is a statute of limitations on incredulousness.  I think I can be incredulous about this for the rest of my life.  So I'm putting it out there to all my long-married friends:  Is there really such a thing as the statute of limitations on incredulousness and why haven't I heard of it?  If there really is such a thing, I think the rule would be that he would have to park the boat so I could see it somewhere and just not mention it.  Hiding it in the woods for a year was cheating.  Don't you agree?  I think I win on a technicality.

5 comments:

  1. I think you should never mess with a man and his boat(s).

    -JG

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what the only thing that works on an old boat is?

    It's owner.

    Ba-dum-bump.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana McKibbage WaldbilligJuly 4, 2010 at 8:37 AM

    My knee-jerk reaction is: Don't get mad, get even. Two can play at his game. But then, where does it end? I once added up all the money and time away from the family that Andy spent on hunting during the course of our marriage. I realized I could disappear for 5 months straight and he really couldn't say a word! Ultimately, I stayed home (the then-infant Serra factored into my incredulousness) and as you know, we've been married for a heavenly, blissful 19 years. So...how about a girls week in Vegas?? Call me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do what Summer would do.

    Pee on the boat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genial brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

    ReplyDelete

I would love your comments.