1. 27 people have decided to "follow" my blog. That shocks and flatters me. Thank you, you 27 people who have each given me a little ego boost. (Actually, it's only 26 because I follow my own blog.) (Lame)
2. I can tell from my statcounter that I have readers from all over the world. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?! I can't. Every time I look at my stats and see that people from Jersey City and El Cajon and Weisbaden, Germany have looked at my blog, I get a little thrill.
from my Statcounter map
Most of the people come here because for some reason the picture of a random bird that I used for one post has somehow gotten linked to my blog and now every time someone looks for a picture of a quaker parrot on google images, they get directed to my blog. Oh well. I'll take what I can get.
3. I have made some great new friends. One of my first blogger friends was Aunt Becky at Mommy Wants Vodka. She's great. Also Wendi Aarons who is a big deal in the blogging world, has read my blog and both of them have actually commented! No, you shut up! They did! (Those two are like D and D wizards) Also I've re-connected with some real-world friends who I've lost touch with over the years. (Hi Anne, Kady, Jill, Carrie!)
4. I've discovered some excellent blogs by other women that I am now addicted to reading every day.
5. I won an award out of the blue.
6. I've finally started writing down stories that when I tell people they say, "You should write that down." Done and done. And they are organized, and easy to find! Now I can easily find that funny picture of Sam doing the limbo, or Kira's art projects, and I can brag about my husband.
Thanks to everyone who reads my blog. I really appreciate you coming here to read the latest silliness I've written about and I love your comments!
Happy 502nd Post!