Monday, August 23, 2010

Over the Top

This weekend my sister Beth watched the movie Over the Top with Sylvester Stallone.  It's all about arm wrestling and the extreme technical advantage one has if they move their fingers two inches in the middle of a match.  Beth was really into it.  I know because she shushed me and held her finger up to maintain her shush during the big match at the end.  Sly was having a match with a gigantic arm wrestling maniac and his entire career, not to mention his tenuous family life, rested on whether he won or not.  I'm not going to spoil the ending, but let me tell you, Robert Logia was PISSED!

He's wearing an arm warmer to protect his investment.

My dad said that there is a picture of a local boy in a resort and he's with Sly Stallone at the arm wrestling championship in Las Vegas.  Apparently this boy "went all the way" in the arm wrestling world although I don't know if his entire career and family life depended on his success.  Dad says he did really well because he is missing a leg and that puts him in a more favorable weight class.  I laughed and he said, "Well, come on, what does a leg weigh?  75 pounds? That's quite an advantage."  Way to see the silver lining of being one-legged, Dad and the kid-with-one-leg-who-turned-his-lemons-into-lemonade-by-being-in-a-lower-weight-class-in-the-arm-wrestling-championships!

4 comments:

  1. That poster is a sham! How are we supposed to know if he's in "trucker" mode or "arm wrestler" mode? He doesn't even have a hat on his head so we can read his mood by the bill! CHAOS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little embarrassed to say that when I read the first line, I said, out loud, "Oh yeah, good movie!"...am I pathetic or what??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana McKibbage WaldbilligAugust 23, 2010 at 9:44 AM

    You got me again...ROTFLMAO. I remember seeing that movie 100 years ago. And I'm married to a really good arm wrastler. *secret*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I run from anything wit Sly's face on it and/or arm! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I would love your comments.