Friday, October 8, 2010

Nobel stiffed me again (that's what she said)

Hi Everyone!  Thanks so much for the questions you sent me for my FAQ page.  It's up but it's still a work in progress so keep sending me questions.  My goal is to have the world record for the longest, most obnoxious FAQ page.  (hey, I've got to make my mark somehow)

Well, I woke up this morning kind of depressed because another year has gone by and I didn't win a Nobel Prize.  Again.  (Thanks for nothing, Nobel Prize committee!)  But then my sister called me with my itinerary for my trip to Washington D.C. at the end of the month!*  Yay!  A trip!  This is her gift to me for my big fortieth birthday and it's WAY better than what I got her for her birthday. (just kidding, Amy, you'll love it**) I'm going to spend a ridiculous amount of time at the Smithsonian (because of the movie Night at the Museum) (just kidding) (not really).  And I'm going to look at all the good stuff Washington has to offer (Ikea), but the best part is that I'm going to the Jon Stewart rally.  

 

I've never been to anything like this before but it looks like fun.  I'm not that crazy about crowds, or standing for long periods of time, or peeing in port-a-potties, but I'm going to jump out of my comfort zone and do something interesting!  Because not only is it a rally, it is a dual rally:

If I'm overcome by my dislike (paralyzing fear) of huge crowds of people, or my loathing of public toilets, I can just jump over to the fear rally and celebrate my charming idiosyncrasies instead of trying to overcome them.

The best part is that my Aunt Other Sarah and Uncle T-bone and Amy will be there too.  It's going to be so fun!

To you travelers out there:  What should I do with my car at the Minneapolis Airport?  Or should I take a shuttle bus from Duluth?  I'm leaning toward driving myself at this point.  Any tips?



* Btw, Mitch, I'm going to be gone for five days at the end of the month.
**(no, she won't)

7 comments:

  1. 1. The best part of the trip will be spending quality time with your FAVORITE sister, HELLO!! And 2. Brock parked his car at the airport Sheraton (for free!) and then took their shuttle to the airport. Looking forward to it!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great present!
    why do you call Jay uncle T-bone? I can't wait to get out there and see everything. Lucky bugger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? I'm not invited? Don't want a pregnant girl slowing you down.....nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you didn't win, but after the Trip they may reconsider! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun!

    Say hi to Steven Colbert for me. We're like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy is AWESOME! And you will have the best time ever.

    I sorta hate you just a little bit now. 5 days?! Somewhere exciting?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dana McKibbage WaldbilligOctober 25, 2010 at 7:38 AM

    Take lots of pictures, I mean it. And I love the footnote to Mitch. You are funny.

    ReplyDelete

I would love your comments.