Today's Bloggin' feature is brought to us by Angie from Angie Uncovered. Check out her blog! Thanks Angie! It's never too late to submit your own Bloggin' answers. Email them to me!
1. Does your blog fit into a "niche" and how do you choose what to write about? Have you ever pulled a post after you published it because you regretted it or got some horrible feedback?
My little slice of blogosphere is mostly about self-discovery and relationships. I write about family and growing up (then and now) as a way of figuring out where I’ll go from here and how it impacts my relationship decisions. As to the pulling a post... hell yes. I have written about an ex or two and then realized they may see it and I didn’t want to acknowledge (to them) how much they had hurt me so I unpublished. I’m still a bit of a sissy sometimes.
2. Do you read a lot of other blogs? How many? Have you had contact with the bloggers, or are you a lurker?
I have about 30 blogs I follow regularly. I have had real-life contact with other bloggers and plan to have more meet ups in the future.
3. Do you comment on a lot of other blogs?
If the blog makes me smile or think I always try to let the writer know that it moved me in one way or another. Of course there are times I will enjoy someone’s writings and feel I have nothing of value to add. Many times I wish blogs had a like button. In some cases I will submit them to stumbleupon.
4. How important is it for you to get comments on a scale of 1-10?
I’m dead in the middle on that scale. There are times when I just don’t care because I’ve written strictly for myself and from my heart. When I am writing for feedback I specifically ask for it. They are awesome either way! Comments are ALWAYS welcome. It’s nice to know you’ve left an impression.
5. Do you respond to your commentors?
Always. Sometimes I’m late (weekends usually), but I try to reply to everyone. They’ve taken their time to read my work and share part of themselves with me, so I feel it’s the least I can do. It helps that many of my commenters are very compelling in their own right!
6. How many followers do you have? How did you get them?
I believe I have 72 currently. It’s all been organic, word of mouth, people who have found me through other blogs or blog comments.
7. How do you promote your blog?
Twitter, Facebook, Stumble, Google+
8. Do you write for any other sites?
I have written at Bloggy Moms and Eden Café. I also do a weekly point/counterpoint segment with Shane at WagtheDad.com. It’s been a great experience in writing and debate.
9. What is your most favorite and least favorite thing about blogging?
The favorite part for me is that it’s cathartic. Whether I have heartache, irritation, or joy bubbling to the surface my blog gives me an outlet.
I don’t know that I have a least favorite side!
10. What advice would you give to potential bloggers? What do you HATE when you see on a blog? What do you like to see on a blog?
Stick with it. No one else can tell you how to write your story. If you write what you’re feeling even when you didn’t choose the topic you can’t go wrong.
I try to remember that everyone’s blog has it’s own purpose. I said try. I have only hate one hateful experience with a blog when they were asking for money for a personal reason after bragging for a week straight about their recent vacation. Poor form!
I love seeing a blog that someone actually puts their heart into and can show you a glimpse of the real person behind the keystrokes.