Friday, April 20, 2012

R is for Rickets! (that has nothing to do with the post, but it's the first R thing that came into my head. I'm losing it on this A-Z thing.)

I'm going to Washington D.C. today to visit my sister for the last time before she goes to prison.  Just kidding.  She's not going to prison.  She's moving to Norfolk for training for when she goes to Afghanistan.  She's in the U.S.O.  She's a tap dancer.  She's going to Afghanistan to tap dance for the troops.  Just kidding again.  She doesn't know how to tap dance.  I don't think.  (Amy, do you know how to tap dance?)  She isn't in the U.S.O. either.  But she is in the Navy so OF COURSE she is going to landlocked Afghanistan.  (raarrrr)

Anyway, I have to go get one more Mount Vernon fix before she moves.  We were planning to take a river cruise to the estate because that would be cool.  Amy looked into it and she said, "The boat will bring us there and then it doesn't leave again for three hours..." thinking, whoa, three hours is PLENTY of time to see Mount Vernon for the fourth time in two years.  And I said, "Nope.  That won't work.  It's going to take us WAY longer than three hours!" Ha ha! what was she thinking?  I bet she is dreading it.  But there is so much to see!  I want to go through the house again, go through the educational center, look at every single thing in the museum, walk all over the grounds, see all the little animals and buy more mints in adorable little tin boxes from the gift shop and so on and so on and so on.  I'm thinking we'll be there for eight?, maybe nine? hours?  Sound good Amy?!

We are also going to see the Holocaust museum. Par-TAY!

Then we are going to drive home together, bonding like crazy and holding hands the whole way.  

8 comments:

  1. I love it that your letter has nothing to do with the post, genius!

    Have a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm running out of motivation for the a to z contest. If the posts don't have anything to do with the titles, it's easy.

      Delete
  2. i went to the holocaust museum a year or so after it opened, when i was 17 and on a school trip. needless to say, it was amazing, and i don't think i've wept so hard in public *ever.* there was this part at the end where you could watch videos of survivors, and that's where i lost it. sitting next to an older lady i didn't know, sharing tissues and weeping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great, like I'm not weepy enough lately.

      Delete
    2. The exhibit with the thousands of shoes is what did me in.

      Delete
  3. have fun on your trip!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com
    Happy A-Zing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She may not "Tap" dance but she can sure dance!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I saw a little sampling. It was the "pole" variety. Yikes.

      Delete

I would love your comments.