Saturday, January 17, 2009

Why I Married Mitch

A long time ago, when Mitch and I first started going out I had a dream, and at that was the day I knew that he was the man I was going to marry. It was one of those dreams that is so real, the kind that keeps you thinking all day long.

Here it is: I was in high school (in the dream, not in real life) and school had just been let out for the day so the parking lot was full of kids and teachers. All of a sudden, Libyan terrorists in a white van drove into the parking lot (think Back To The Future), and started menacing all of the students. Chaos! Students screaming, Libyans shooting in the air and yelling at kids and then a hush descended on the crowd starting by the arena. Then there was some whispering, "Is that the Sultan?... I think it's the Sultan,... That's got to be the Sultan...." And then people starting yelling, "It's going to be okay! The Sultan is here!" and sure enough, a man with a veil over his face came out into the parking lot and started KICKING ASS. He had those terrorists back in their van and running home with their tails between their legs. Everyone was totally impressed and amazed with the Sultan. There were cheers, "Yay Sultan! You saved us!" I was every bit as dazzled as everyone else and then the Sultan walked up to me and briefly lifted his veil.

It Was Mitch.

He put his finger to his lips in a gesture that told me to keep his secret and then he ran off into the sunset, with all of Falls High cheering him on. And that is (one of the many reasons) why I married Mitch.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to have a hard time not calling him The Sultan from now on.

    ReplyDelete

I would love your comments.