It's Bloggin' Wednesday! Today we have Azia's answers. Thank you so much to Azia for playing along! Check out Azia's awesome blog. It's great!
I love this! Keep your answers coming! Email me!
1. Does your blog fit into a "niche" and how do you choose what to write about? Have you ever pulled a post after you published it because you regretted it or got some horrible feedback?
I guess if there was a special place in blog land for 20-something mothers, who are completely neurotic, impassioned and, in midst of a mid-mid-life crisis- I'd fit in there. I write about things that get stuck in my head, and if they were to stay there would create some large-tumorish growth that would eventually envelop my entire face. I don't think I've ever pulled a blog post- but I did go back and write a disclaimer on one because it hurt a certain someone's feelings that I thought a celebrity was "sexy as fuck." Oh! I almost forgot! One time I was venting about a friends crazy girlfriend and she posted a comment saying the most ridiculous/hilariously mean shit ever- and I felt so awesome that I had comment moderation! LIKE A BOSS.
2. Do you read a lot of other blogs? How many? Have you had contact with the bloggers, or are you a lurker?
I am subscribed to somewhere around +/- 90 blogs, but I only read 10 or so on a regular basis. Other's I check weekly or bi-weekly. I have contact with a few bloggers. But, I do sometimes creep.
3. Do you comment on a lot of other blogs?
I comment on maybe 5 or 10 blogs for the most part.
4. How important is it for you to get comments on a scale of 1-10?
1.5 I don't write for comments--- but, it sure does make that ego feel good. Momma likes.
5. Do you respond to your commentors?
I try to respond to every comment, so they know that I read what they said and appreciate them taking time out of their day to read my random shit. I love you all! High fives!
6. How many followers do you have? How did you get them?
I have 102 followers and I have no idea how the freak that happened.
7. How do you promote your blog?
I don't. When I write a new post I usually link it on Twitter. But, I'm pretty sure most of my blog followers don't follow me on Twitter... Should I be promoting? Fuck.
8. Do you write for any other sites?
Nope. I did start a second blog called, "Momma's Got A Big Belly"- where I was going to take pictures of my stomach and gross everyone out as I attempted to get a milf body.. but, then I found out I was pregnant again.. So... I guess everyone will have to wait for that present!
9. What is your most favorite and least favorite thing about blogging?
My most favorite thing is that I can put VIDEOS in my "journal" - how cool is that? And that by reading other people's blogs I've been introduced to lots of literature, recipes, shops, etc.. Least favorite- I feel like sometimes since I blog about nothing in particular I'm being extremely narcissistic and saying LOOK AT HOW AWESOME MY MUNDANE LIFE IS WOOOO.
10. What advice would you give to potential bloggers? What do you HATE when you see on a blog? What do you like to see on a blog?
My advice/what I hate- DO NOT WRITE IN A FREAKING CURSIVE FONT or some other type of goofy shit like that. It's hard to read. You don't want to be hard to read. I really like when people write HONESTLY on their blog without fear of hurting somebody's feelings. I admire the people that put it out there- I love the honesty that some people have. It makes me feel a part of humanity in a strange sense- when you can read the story of a complete stranger and go- 'Yes! I know exactly what they mean!" How cool is that? Keep it up bloggers, I think you all are awesome.