Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'm in love with No

One time when she was younger, Kira got frustrated with me and said, "You're in love with NO!" and stormed off. I've been thinking about that because I find myself saying no to my kids a lot these days and I thought maybe I should stop being such a bitch and start saying yes once in a while. Since I decided this I've really tried to be more of a yes-woman, but it's like the kids are testing me. Here's an exchange I had with Sam the other day:

Sam: Can I light a piece of dynamite in the driveway?

Me: What are you talking about?

Sam: I've got a piece of mini dynamite and I want to light it to see what happens.

Me: Wait a minute.... you have A PIECE OF DYNAMITE?

(He showed me. It was a wet fire cracker that said "dyno-mite!" on the side of it.)

Me: Where did you get this?

Sam: Kmart

Me: Since when do they sell firecrackers at Kmart?

Sam: It's not a firecracker it's dynamite and they don't sell it. I found it in the parking lot. So... can I light it?

Me: ...... no

Sam: Why not!

Me: Sorry, but I'm not going to let you light the sweaty dynamite you FOUND in the Kmart parking lot. And by the way, when you find sweaty dynamite, LEAVE IT WHERE IT IS!

So, I'm still a bitch I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love your comments.