Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Kira caught another bird

Kira caught a chickadee in the yard today.


How is she doing this? When I asked her she said, "I'm going for the stupid birds with the small heads because they always come back." She caught two hummingbirds yesterday. She said one was hovering, and the other she sort of clapped. Now that she knows she can do this, she keeps doing it, and she's getting better.

What do I do now?

I've been feeding the poor birds all summer and there are tons and I like them and don't want them to get hurt, but I also don't want Kira in the house. I told the wonderful internet my problem and I came across a solution:

The Kittywalk Play Enclosure. Perfect solution! Thank you internet! Here's what the website says the benefits are:

*Cat (or Kira) can relax in the fresh air
*Eat grass
*Chase bugs
*Watch birds
*Exercise
*Enjoy the sunshine

The birds will be so happy!

5 comments:

  1. NEVER stop writing this blog!! You make me laugh so hard:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I am totally amazed that Kira can do this. Maybe she grow up to be some one like the Crocodile Hunter??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey....I want one of those for Kellen! It would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. kinda like in the karate kid where he catches the fly with the chopsticks! You could put her on America's Got talent!

    ReplyDelete

I would love your comments.