Saturday, August 29, 2009

Couch Anchor


What a waste of a day. I had big plans; get up early, exercise, do some life-improving, be a kick-ass mother. It did not happen that way. The alarm went off and I shut it off and went back to sleep. I got up and did NOT exercise. I just couldn't make myself do it. Then I watched a show on YouTube about how the palm islands in the UAE were made. Super interesting, but what a waste of energy and resources. I'd love to go there and see it some day, but also, in my lifetime I bet I will see news footage of some storm that totally wipes them out.

After my YouTube watching, I took a shower. Not because I'm particularly dirty, but because my house is about 50 degrees and my feet were dead and needed some hot water to encourage circulation. (Yeah, I know exercise does the same thing! Keep it to yourself!) Then, in order to at least say that I did something productive, I threw a roast in the oven. It smells heavenly.

Then, being that I'm now interested in Arabia, I started to watch the Lawrence of Arabia video (Which, if said in a nasal Minnesota accent is called Loorince of Araybia. [come on, more nasal than that!]) that I've had for years but have never really watched. It was good until the kids came in and said, "What are you watching, Star Wars?" I said, "Why would you think it was Star Wars?" and Sam said, "Because it's really sandy and everyone is wearing girl-robes." Oh. Of course. So I only watched the first half.

Now I'm trying to think of something productive I can do. Mow the lawn? Nah, too cold out. Make my bed? Why would I make my bed now, that's a stupid idea! Maybe I'll read. Meh. Maybe I'll just sit on this couch and stare.

Let's see what else is on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love your comments.