Saturday, August 1, 2009

Rainy Day Fun

Kira had a sleepover with her cousins last night. They were going to sleep in the camper, but of course, it was pouring rain when bedtime rolled around so they all stayed in Kira's room. When they got up this morning it was cold and windy and rainy AGAIN and they were getting tired of cartoons so I got out my trusty entertaining book to look for ideas:
I Like You, Hospitality Under the Influence by Amy Sedaris. It's a great book with fabulous crafts and recipes. I got this great idea for a card which I gave to Mitch a few years ago.

It's just the front cover of a box of LandOLakes butter, but notice the flap? I wonder what's under there???

Oh my goodness! (Actually, it's just her knees cut from the other side of the box, but you thought it was her boobs. That's just how your mind works. Interesting.) Mitch loves it.

Back to this morning. I gave each kid a pair of googly eyes and told them to come up with something clever. They did.

Rory found a picture of her sister!

Kira named this guy "Mr. Chub" (???)

Sam calls this "Mr. Sewy"

Harry Potter says, "Voldemort's a real bastard!"

Oh Swampy, you're so handsome!

1 comment:

  1. I just got this book! Can't wait to sit and read thru it. Mind if I steal your birthday card idea?? It just might be a card that Brian actually would like, and maybe even be proud to show his buddies (once again affirming that he has a very cool wifey).

    ReplyDelete

I would love your comments.